Newcomer to cross country Helena Janku sprints to success on girls’ varsity team

Grace Bouton

The bang of the gun, the cloud of dirt and the herd of runners with various colors of uniforms pulling for position are all elements of a high school cross country race. This experience was recently brand-new to freshman Helena Janku, who did not experience this until her first cross-country meet just a month ago. Since then, she has become accustomed to the nuances of cross-country racing.

Sprinting to success freshman Helena Janku bolsters girls varsity cross-country

About the Writer
Grace Bouton, Author

Grace Bouton is a Junior and is on the soccer team and has a french bulldog named Simon.

• Newcomer to cross country Helena Janku sprints to success on girls’ varsity team

Sports

Varsity soccer strikes gold with perseverant captain Justin Neustaetter

Sports

Girls ride past adversity in male-dominated mountain biking

Sports

Paris Dong carries his weight to state championship ranking

Sports

Freshman Lydia Kallas has the balance for success

Sports

Boys’ varsity basketball paves the way to MCAL pennant in last league game

Sports

Redwood boys’ varsity soccer gears up for playoffs after triumphant over Marin Catholic

Sports

Suffer for it: Redwood lacrosse teams prepare for the season

Podcasts

Let’s Talk Giant Episode 4: Winter Sports Recap

Sports

Super Bowl VIII: Stats, halftime show, commercials

Sports

San Rafael left in the dog house after a crushing defeat by girls’ varsity basketball team