What it means to be a Giant
What it means to be a Giant
Gil LadetzkyJune 22, 2024

In fifth grade, I attended my first-ever Redwood basketball game. It was a rainy Thursday night in a gym packed with energetic students. As I...

Leadership’s lunch success with Panda Express

On Friday, Feb. 16, Leadership sold food from Panda Express at the amphitheater during lunch to celebrate the Chinese New Year and to kick-off the start of Ski Week. Eager to eat, many students rushed to stand in line even before the first lunch bell rang. Although the line was extremely long, Leadership students worked diligently to provide all of the waiting students with a meal before lunch ended, selling over 250 plates, according to ASB. For five dollars each, plates of chow mein, orange chicken, rice and other dishes were handed out at a rapid pace. Students sat at the amphitheater, lunch tables and on the grass eating their meal and socializing with others.

Meanwhile, on the stage by the CEA, the Advanced Performance Workshop played upbeat music. After the performance, Leadership held a raffle by reading off numbers from tickets that had been handed out after purchasing a meal. They gave away a giant fortune cookie to each of the winners. The Chinese food paired with live music made for a memorable last day before February break.