Student volunteer pushes a cart full of recovered food at the San Rafael Farmers Market to contribute to ExtraFood’s goal to end food waste (Photo courtesy of ExtraFood).
ExtraFood tackles the job to end food waste and hunger since 2013
Scarlett MusgroveApril 24, 2024

Marin is the fourth wealthiest county in the Bay Area and yet a significant portion of its population is struggling with hunger, according...

Illustration by Mariel Goodhart
The importance of teaching students how to deal with sexual assault and harassment in schools
Gabrielle Franklin and Mariel GoodhartApril 24, 2024

School is meant to be a safe place for students to gain an education. Despite this, some students have been violated in unforgivable ways, in...

Furry faces of the fire (video)

Residents of Northern California struggle to recover in the wake of the devastating fires that ravaged their communities. While the people mourn the loss of their homes and rifle through their charred belongings, their displaced animals remain in a state of confusion and helplessness. It’s impossible to drive through the roads of California without viewing hillsides of horses and cattle—and now that many residents are left without homes, subsequently, their animals are homeless, too.

Click below to read more.

Furry faces of the fire