Girls’ cross country to return to state meet after successful NCS showing

The girls’ cross country team continued their historically successful season by finishing second at the NCS championships.

The Giants were beat only by Campolindo High School, who won its fourth straight NCS title.

The girls’ team finished the day with 228.5 points,only 13 points short of Campolindo’s total.

Senior Glennis Murphy and Junior Gillian Wagner break away from the pack of runners on their way to their first and second place finishes, respectively, at the NCS meet

The continued success of top runners Glennis Murphy and Gillian Wagner carried the team to its second place finish.

Murphy and Wagner, who placed first and second at the MCAL championship, reciprocated their dominance by once again taking the top two spots. The two also had the top two times of the day on the girls side at 16:56.6 and 16:58.6 respectively.

Following the successful performances of Murphy and Wagner were junior Sophia McWhorter, senior Annie Fogarty, freshman Lauren Steele, freshman Tyler Woods, and sophomore Neva Legallet.