Construction students Taylor Bridges, Leila Fraschetti, Emmanuel Medina, Mary Coleman and John Kozubik (left to right) applaud their peers as they speak about their appreciation for their teachers and the resources they were provided.
Photo Essay: Redwood ROP Construction Program celebrates graduates
Isabelle DavisMay 23, 2024

On May 22, the Redwood Regional Occupational Program Construction Technology celebrated the graduation of 19 Redwood students and...

Marin’s Finest Fairways: Reviewing the best public golf courses
Hayden DonehowerMay 23, 2024

Tee up for an adventure in Marin County’s vibrant golf scene! Get ready to explore the fairways, traps and views of the best public golf courses....

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Paying the price of adopt vs. shop
Chloe JenningsMay 23, 2024

The American population is becoming increasingly aware of ethical considerations around pets. Buying a pet from a breeder versus adopting a pet...

Girls’ cross country to return to state meet after successful NCS showing

The girls’ cross country team continued their historically successful season by finishing second at the NCS championships.

The Giants were beat only by Campolindo High School, who won its fourth straight NCS title.

The girls’ team finished the day with 228.5 points,only 13 points short of Campolindo’s total.

Senior Glennis Murphy and Junior Gillian Wagner break away from the pack of runners on their way to their first and second place finishes, respectively, at the NCS meet

The continued success of top runners Glennis Murphy and Gillian Wagner carried the team to its second place finish.

Murphy and Wagner, who placed first and second at the MCAL championship, reciprocated their dominance by once again taking the top two spots. The two also had the top two times of the day on the girls side at 16:56.6 and 16:58.6 respectively.

Following the successful performances of Murphy and Wagner were junior Sophia McWhorter, senior Annie Fogarty, freshman Lauren Steele, freshman Tyler Woods, and sophomore Neva Legallet.