Construction students Taylor Bridges, Leila Fraschetti, Emmanuel Medina, Mary Coleman and John Kozubik (left to right) applaud their peers as they speak about their appreciation for their teachers and the resources they were provided.
Photo Essay: Redwood ROP Construction Program celebrates graduates
Isabelle DavisMay 23, 2024

On May 22, the Redwood Regional Occupational Program Construction Technology celebrated the graduation of 19 Redwood students and...

Marin’s Finest Fairways: Reviewing the best public golf courses
Hayden DonehowerMay 23, 2024

Tee up for an adventure in Marin County’s vibrant golf scene! Get ready to explore the fairways, traps and views of the best public golf courses....

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Paying the price of adopt vs. shop
Chloe JenningsMay 23, 2024

The American population is becoming increasingly aware of ethical considerations around pets. Buying a pet from a breeder versus adopting a pet...

Boys cross country cruises through NCS to state meet

The boys’ cross country team turned in an impressive performance in the NCS Division III meet, capturing second place and cementing 2016 as one of the the most successful in Redwood history on November 19.

DSC_0536-ANIMATION

The team finished only seven points behind Campolindo, who took first for the fourth consecutive season.

Sophomore Liam Anderson backed up his first place finish from the MCAL finals by once again earning the top overall spot, this time with a time of 15:10.3 for the five kilometer race.

Close behind Anderson was senior Andrew Thomas who grabbed third overall with a time of 15:25.9. Thomas was chased by the next five Redwood runners, junior Zach Martinez, senior James Conant, junior Ryan Pole, junior Oliver Sagastume, and sophomore Austin Patel.

The second place finish means that the boys’ team will continue its historically successful season at the State Meet in Fresno on Nov. 26. It dominated the MCAL championship meet by sweeping the top three spots and taking five of the top seven places, marking its first MCAL win since 2012.