Former coach and mentor Al-Endriss looking off into the distance
Baseball Roots Reimagined: From Players to Coaches
Reece Mori-Prange and Jack BlockApril 17, 2024

Redwood baseball is a program built to win games, award hard work and develop skills that set players up for future success. Coaches Bill Benz,...

Charlotte FishburneApril 16, 2024

Girls Water Polo comes out strong, defeats San Marin handily

The girls’ varsity water polo team humiliated San Marin in a crushing 15-1 victory on Monday.

Senior captain Jacqueline Racich and junior Jackie Judd both contributed to the Giants’ performance with their offensive prowess and strong leadership. Junior Caitlin Donnelly also had multiple assists to aid the Giants’ attack.  

Redwood was relaxed from the start, something that Racich attested to the quality of their opponent and improvements in team chemistry. However, the lack of pressure also meant that the Giants did not play to their full potential, according to Racich.

“I feel like our team thrives under pressure. We enjoy games that are more evenly matched,” Racich said. “This one wasn’t very high intensity, so there wasn’t much that we were working very hard to do.”

Redwood went into the half up 9-0 and prevented San Marin from scoring until the final minute of the game.

Redwood’s team dynamic has improved as the season progresses, according to Racich.

“We have a wide range of grade levels and kids from different friend groups,” Racich said. “It makes us closer because we want to get to know each other better and work together to be a better team.”

Racich said that as a captain, her job is to connect and unite the team, both in and out of the pool. On Monday, her performance stood out and gave her teammates a boost of momentum.

Twice, Racich scored almost immediately after the horn, with goals at the start of both the third and fourth quarters.

The win improved the team’s record to 5-2 in MCAL (10-5 overall).

The team’s next game is this Thursday against Marin Catholic, who is undefeated in league play thus far.