Getting a job during high school: Does it ‘work’?
Henrik Vraanes April 25, 2024

Every year, fewer and fewer students are working jobs. In 2000, 43 percent of teens worked a job during the summer, but in 2021, the number...

Artificial Intelligence: The potential threat to our education system
Imogen Colaco April 24, 2024

Indah Herzenberg April 24, 2024

Girls’ varsity basketball cruises past San Rafael

The girls’ varsity basketball protected its home court Tuesday, using a huge scoring run to earn a win against San Rafael by a score of 45-36.

While the Giants pulled out the victory, they got off to a late start, trailing San Rafael by a few points in the first quarter. It wasn’t until the beginning of the second quarter when the Giants pulled ahead with a solid lead, going on a 23-1 scoring run.

“This was definitely a win we needed. While we had a slow start, we finished strong. It put us in a good mindset, ready to head in the MCAL playoffs,” said junior Layla Dunne.

The Giants scored 10 points in the second quarter while holding San Rafael to just two points. They also outscored San Rafael in the third quarter by 12 points to jump out to a comfortable lead entering the fourth quarter.

For Redwood’s next game, it will travel to face seventh place Novato on Feb. 5 at 6 p.m.. MCAL playoffs begin on Feb. 16. The Giants are currently 6-5 in league play, putting them in a fourth-place tie with Justin-Siena.