Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Freshman girls’ basketball suffers first loss of season

Nina Cinelli with another layup

The freshman girls’ basketball team lost 35-20 to Montgomery High School in an aggressive game last Tuesday night.

Despite the loss, Diana Sunderland and Nina Cinelli led the team’s scoring with eight points and six points respectively. Montgomery capitalized on its possessions to push to a 21-13 lead at the end of the first half.

For the first few minutes of the first half, Redwood powered ahead to a quick 9-4 lead. The teams fought relentlessly through countless turnovers for the rest of the half.

Both teams drove to the basket in an attempt to push their lead or catch up, but neither team was able to rely on shot after shot going in.

Starting the second half, Redwood quickly fell behind and stayed there the rest of the game. The team’s many shot attempts only led to seven more points, resulting in the team’s first and only loss so far this season.