Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Thrift 4 Hope holds charity clothing sale

The Thrift 4 Hope club held its biannual clothing sale on Saturday in the CEA. The proceeds will go to the Center for Domestic Peace, a local charity in San Rafael.

All of the clothes sold are donated by the student body.

Senior Bella Vega and junior Eve Anderson help customers at the thrift sale on December 5th in the CEA.

“We chose this charity because it’s such a great cause,” said senior and Thrift 4 Hope president Bella Vega.

The Center for Domestic Peace helps to end domestic violence in Marin by providing housing, legal help, and support groups for victims, according to Vega.

Vega said the club usually tries to find a charity involving women since it sells mostly women’s clothing.

On Saturday, the club made almost $400 from the sale, according to junior and Thrift 4 Hope secretary Eve Anderson. The clothes ranged in price from $1 to $10, and included shoes, sweaters, and accessories.

Vega has been the president of Thrift 4 Hope for the past two years, but the club has been holding charity thrift sales since its creation in 2008.

Since Vega has been president, the club has started advertising the thrift sales more effectively, with posters and announcements, according to Anderson. Vega also changed the name from Trade 4 Hope to Thrift 4 Hope when she became president.

The Thrift 4 Hope club meets Fridays at lunch in room 263.