Illustration by Charlotte Fishburne
Easy remedies for Senioritis
Charlotte FishburneApril 16, 2024

About this time every year, the same epidemic infects the Redwood senior population: Senioritis. With only five unexcused absences allowed per...

Fast Thrifting: How fast fashion continues to harm thrift stores
Elsa ShermanApril 15, 2024

Across the nation, billions of dollars are spent annually on clothing from local thrift stores. This eco-friendly method of clothing resale has...

Decorated in customized apparel, members of The Woods flaunt their vibrant red t-shirts.
Student-led spirit group ‘The Woods’ encourages attendance at less-appreciated sporting events
Madison BishopApril 13, 2024

On Feb. 13, The Woods emerged as a student-led group to promote school spirit and unify the student body. Its objective is to raise attendance...

Freshmen/sophomore football team outplayed by Drake

The freshmen/sophomore football team was defeated by Drake 12-6 on Saturday, despite blowing San Rafael out of the water in their last home game.

Drake Pirate #23, Easton Edwards, run towards the end zone, avoiding a tackle

The Giants started off strong, holding Drake scoreless in a first quarter that ended 0-0. After the first quarter, the performance gap between the teams widened, and in the first three quarters, Drake scored two touchdowns.

The second touchdown made by the Pirates was largely due to an impressive 50 yard reception by Drake freshman receiver Tommie Tozzi, though Pirates freshman Terrance Coleman made the ultimate sprint into the endzone.

Redwood made a comeback attempt while down by 12 points in the fourth quarter. Freshman James Humphreys sprinted 92 yards down the field, scoring a touchdown for the Giants with five minutes left, but ultimately Redwood couldn’t even up the score.

Giants football coach Rob Hobart felt the loss was the result of small errors players made throughout the game that were never corrected.

Redwood Giant #12, Louis Commesso, awaits an open receiver for a pass

“We made a lot of little mistakes today that cost us the game. A lot, a lot of little    penalties. Missed executions, assignments, on both sides,” Hobart said.

A missed kick from Redwood ran out the clock, thus ending the game and giving the Giants their third loss of the season.

The team will play the final game of their season at home against Marin Catholic on  Nov. 7 at 11:30 a.m.