Popular off-campus lunch options: battle of the best
Liam HealyApril 26, 2024

On grueling school days, the build-up to lunch is immense. The anticipation of reconnecting with friends you don’t have classes with and that...

April Bark Beats
April Bark Beats
Leighton OlsenApril 26, 2024

Photo Courtesy of Republic Records "WE DON'T TRUST YOU" by Future and Metro Boomin After over a decade of Metro Boomin being a head producer...

Smiling for the camera, Moseley excitedly hikes Palisades Tahoe. (Photo Curtesy of Jonny Moseley)
Navigating the slopes of life: Olympic medalist and Redwood parent Jonny Moseley
Hilah Brekhus-LavinskyApril 26, 2024

1998 Olympic gold medalist and skiing legend Jonny Moseley gracefully navigated the slopes of parenting, bringing the same fitness and determination...

Girls’ varsity tennis sweeps MCAL semifinal

The girls’ varsity tennis team swept Marin Catholic in the MCAL semifinals on Tuesday, Oct. 27.

Redwood won every singles and doubles match, finishing with a team score of 9-0.

Senior Lauren Wolfe did not lose a single game in her win against Jackie Mclaughlin, and sophomore Devon Cusack only lost one in her defeat of Leila Jamaslei.

Sophomore Devon Cusack hits a volley in her win against Leila Jamaslei.

The team is undefeated going into the MCAL finals, but sophomore Molly Kehoe, ranked eighth for Redwood, says that team hasn’t focused on its perfect record.

“We don’t feel [the pressure] because we know that we can go undefeated, so I think it’s more just something the other teams worry about,” Kehoe said.

According to fifth-ranked junior Lindsay Thornton, who played doubles against Marin Catholic’s top-seeded Mana Belardineli, it took time for the team to hit its stride in the match.

“I was playing doubles with [freshman] Sofia Perozzi and I have never played with her before. The first set was tough because we didn’t have a good rhythm, but it improved as the match went on,” Thornton said.

Senior Abby Mullins returns a serve with a forehand.

Both Thornton and Kehoe are confident going into the next match because they are guaranteed to face a team they have previously beaten, either Tam or Branson.

The MCAL girls’ varsity tennis finals will take place at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 29 at Tam.