Elle Wilson April 24, 2024

Student volunteer pushes a cart full of recovered food at the San Rafael Farmers Market to contribute to ExtraFood’s goal to end food waste (Photo courtesy of ExtraFood).
ExtraFood tackles the job to end food waste and hunger since 2013
Scarlett Musgrove April 24, 2024

Marin is the fourth wealthiest county in the Bay Area and yet a significant portion of its population is struggling with hunger, according...

Illustration by Mariel Goodhart
The importance of teaching students how to deal with sexual assault and harassment in schools
Gabrielle Franklin and Mariel Goodhart April 24, 2024

School is meant to be a safe place for students to gain an education. Despite this, some students have been violated in unforgivable ways, in...

JV volleyball maintains undefeated streak

The JV girls volleyball team persevered in a close game against Justin Siena on Friday, winning in two sets by scores of 25-19 and 25-18.

The team won the game 2-0, showing team strength with consistent usage of quick sets and powerful kills. Liberos sophomore Raya Corren and freshman Mathilde Caindec were key players that contributed to the win with their numerous digs and saves.

Possible headline: JV girls maintain undefeated streak
Freshman Sally Noble, Carly Zech and Mathilde Caindec anticipate the next serve

The JV girls team remains undefeated with a record of 7-0, but sophomore Amelia Shunk believes the team could have played better.

“We need to work on putting up our block every time and picking up tips in order for us to be most successful,” Shunk said.

Redwood struggled with communication early in the game, which led to a close score of 14-11 in the first set. However, sophomore outside hitter Alex Lefebure’s multiple kills rallied the team to a strong finish, winning the set.

“Our communication was off during that game but we have strong hitters and our passing is very good,” Lefebure said.

The team’s goal is to remain undefeated throughout their season and win the MCAL pennant. Their next game is against Terra Linda on Wednesday, Oct.14.