Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

JV volleyball maintains undefeated streak

The JV girls volleyball team persevered in a close game against Justin Siena on Friday, winning in two sets by scores of 25-19 and 25-18.

The team won the game 2-0, showing team strength with consistent usage of quick sets and powerful kills. Liberos sophomore Raya Corren and freshman Mathilde Caindec were key players that contributed to the win with their numerous digs and saves.

Possible headline: JV girls maintain undefeated streak
Freshman Sally Noble, Carly Zech and Mathilde Caindec anticipate the next serve

The JV girls team remains undefeated with a record of 7-0, but sophomore Amelia Shunk believes the team could have played better.

“We need to work on putting up our block every time and picking up tips in order for us to be most successful,” Shunk said.

Redwood struggled with communication early in the game, which led to a close score of 14-11 in the first set. However, sophomore outside hitter Alex Lefebure’s multiple kills rallied the team to a strong finish, winning the set.

“Our communication was off during that game but we have strong hitters and our passing is very good,” Lefebure said.

The team’s goal is to remain undefeated throughout their season and win the MCAL pennant. Their next game is against Terra Linda on Wednesday, Oct.14.