Former coach and mentor Al-Endriss looking off into the distance
Baseball Roots Reimagined: From Players to Coaches
Reece Mori-Prange and Jack BlockApril 17, 2024

Redwood baseball is a program built to win games, award hard work and develop skills that set players up for future success. Coaches Bill Benz,...

Charlotte FishburneApril 16, 2024

Varsity football notches first win of season against Terra Linda

The varsity football team defeated Terra Linda 14-7 on Saturday after stopping Terra Linda at the one-yard line on three consecutive plays in the fourth quarter.

Junior Trevor Foehr winds up to throw the ball.

The win was the first of the season for Redwood, whose record moved up to 1-2 overall.

The Giants’ defense was particularly impressive, as they didn’t concede any points the entire game. Terra Linda’s only score came from an interception returned for a touchdown on the first play of the game.

Junior Alex Wilson, who plays wide receiver on offense and safety on defense, contributed to the defensive effort with two interceptions. The most important one came with fewer than two minutes left in the fourth quarter to seal the game for the Giants.

“Everyone was fired up after the first interception that went back for a touchdown and wanted to shut them down the rest of the game,” Wilson said. “We were just trying to grind them and tire them out the whole game and it worked.”

Junior Kyle Fulton scores the go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter.

Junior Trevor Foehr got his first start of the season as a quarterback, and changed the tide of the game in the first quarter after connecting with Wilson for a 51 yard gain. The drive later ended with a four-yard touchdown pass to Enzo Tallerico to make the score 7-6, as the Giants failed to convert the extra point.

The Giants took the lead with 1:49 left in the third quarter after fullback Kyle Fulton punched it in from the two-yard line. Fulton added a two-point conversion to make the score 14-7.

The Giants will look to improve their record next week when they play against Mission High School on Friday at 7 p.m.