Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Varsity swimming earns victory over Marin Catholic

The boy’s and girl’s swimming were victorious against Marin Catholic in their meet on Friday.

The girls’ team lost to Marin Catholic last year in both the dual meet and the MCAL finals, so this year’s win brought renewed optimism.

Senior Sammy Ferroggiaro swims the 100-yard butterfly in Redwood's dual meet against Marin Catholic.
Senior Sammy Ferroggiaro swims the 100-yard butterfly in Redwood’s dual meet against Marin Catholic.

According to sophomore Emily Johnson, the fact that the team is the largest in the league has given them an advantage.

“Not only is the team the biggest in the league, but as a team we have struggled through intense practices and preparation for the meet together, making not only the individual races stronger but also the relays powerful and unified,” Johnson said.

Johnson also predicts in the future that the team will continue to win if they keep up their hard work.

“We need to stay unified as a team by managing to come to practice, and always staying committed but balanced between school work and swimming,” Johnson said.

Several top Redwood and MC swimmers were notably absent from the meet, as they were swimming in Junior Nationals.