Moving Photo Gallery: Varsity Wrestling pins Justin Siena, San Rafael

With a win in a meet against San Rafael High School and Justin Siena High school, the Redwood wrestling team has emerged as the favorite to win MCALs.

The team began their day with a dominant performance against Justin Siena, sweeping every weight class in which they competed.
San Rafael, one of the preseason favorites, proved more challenging to defeat.

“I am impressed with how much better San Rafael got, because they used to be one of the worst teams in MCALs,” said senior co-captain Eli Kahn.

One of the top wrestlers for San Rafael, Declan Mylett, wrestled in a different weight class than the Redwood team had anticipated, and was matched against junior Riley Dow

Other members of the team, including Kahn and sophomore standout Simon Ermolov, also won key matches, helping Redwood to secure the win by 14 points.
The victory leaves Redwood undefeated in MCAL matches and the favorites to win the league.

“Other teams might have a chance to contend with us just because of [our numbers], but we have great guys in each weight class,” Dow said.

Redwood wrestles again next week on Feb. 11th.

1 2

3 5

6 4