‘Rising Stars’ shine at Youth in Arts Gallery
Elsa Sherman April 22, 2024

From Feb. 10 through April 12, Youth in Arts held the 33rd Annual Marin County High School Art Show, known as Rising Stars. The exhibition...

Illustrated by Cora Champommier
No one likes a damp diamond: How rain delays throw baseball a curveball
Kellen Smith and Lucas Tempero April 21, 2024

Some sports depend on the weather, but none as much as baseball due to the atmosphere around the game. As America’s pastime, baseball is...

Bliss: Marin’s first soft-serve shop dedicated to Asian-inspired ice cream
Owen McDaniels April 21, 2024

Located in Novato’s San Marin Plaza, Bliss Ice Cream is one of Marin’s most unique dessert joints. Customers can enjoy koi fish-shaped...

Turkey Bowl turns to dodgeball as faculty falls to students

Upperclassmen and staff alike were thrown a curveball when the annual Turkey Bowl flag football game was converted to a dodgeball match inside the gym due to heavy rainfall today.

Junior Nate Orwig prepares to throw the ball down the court, later winning the game.

In the student versus faculty game, the juniors overcame the faculty in a one-on-one matchup as Nate Orwig defeated Academic Workshop teacher Whitney Long.

Outnumbering the staff, the junior team was able to defeat the faculty in an intense and exciting match.

Gaining an early lead, the juniors seemed to use their numbers against the faculty by taking out a majority of their players.

But as the match progressed, the faculty came back to dominate the juniors, leaving Ben Bialla standing alone.

Eliminated staff and students look at the remaining players.

With pressure, Bialla managed to overpower a few more members of the staff and ultimately catch a ball, eliminating a staff member and bringing in Nate Orwig.

Orwig and Bialla narrowed down the playing field to a two-on-two battle and soon a one-on-one matchup between Orwig and Whitney Long, the Academic Workshop Teacher. Orwig becoming the victor.

The next Turkey Bowl game will be between the staff and seniors tomorrow at lunch.