Artificial Inteligence : The effect on our generation

After long hours of lectures in class, a science lab to complete, sports practice and extracurriculars, that one math assignment may just be...

Out of stock label teacher drawing
Indah HerzenbergApril 24, 2024

“In the US, there is a projected shortage of over 100,000 teachers by 2024,” stated Simbli, a company that helps to improve school districts...

Boys’ varsity soccer moves onto NCS semifinals

The boys’ varsity soccer team defeated Analy High School in the quarterfinal game on Saturday, Nov. 8, and will move on to compete in the North Coast Section semifinals.

An early goal in the third minute of the game by Analy High School didn’t phase Redwood, as the Giants’ varsity soccer team came roaring back to win 4-1.

Senior Brooks Roenisch, who usually comes off the bench, earned the start despite the importance of the game. Roenisch stepped up, scoring the next two goals after Analy’s first goal and shifting the momentum in their favor to ultimately come out on top and advance to the North Coast Section semifinals.

Senior Brooks Roenisch fights for the ball down the stretch.

“I just kept myself ready the entire season; it was kind of a surprise to get the start,” said Roenisch. “I got lucky with the two goals.”

According to Roenisch, with the skill set of  his two attackers on both sides of him, it makes his job easier because they set up the plays for him down the stretch.

“It’s a dream with Teymour [Sadrieh] and Miguel [Rodriguez] beside me on the wing so it makes it a lot easier as a center forward.”

Captain junior Isaac Perper scored a goal, and shortly after, co-captain Sadrieh scored with a penalty kick, sealing a victory for the Giants.

According to coach Gabe Zieff, after winning the MCAL pennant a little over a week ago, the Giants are still determined to carry home the NCS title.

“We kind of reset a new goal after winning the [MCAL] championship, so that’s where our heads are at now,” said Roenisch. “We’re staying focused, confident, and excited. We’re happy to keep playing as a team.”

The boys will take on Terra Linda in the semifinals at 2:30 p.m. today at home.