Artificial Inteligence : The effect on our generation

After long hours of lectures in class, a science lab to complete, sports practice and extracurriculars, that one math assignment may just be...

Out of stock label teacher drawing
Indah HerzenbergApril 24, 2024

“In the US, there is a projected shortage of over 100,000 teachers by 2024,” stated Simbli, a company that helps to improve school districts...

Varsity soccer overcomes deficit in NCS playoffs to top Arcata in overtime

Boys’ varsity soccer defeated Arcata on Wednesday, after junior Julian Ulrich’s overtime goal secured their advancement to the NCS quarterfinals.

According to Ulrich, after going into golden goal during overtime – where the first goal wins, the team knew they had to pick up the intensity.

“We came out too cocky after winning MCALs,” he said. “But after being down 2-0, we knew we had to bring up the tempo more and work harder to win the game.”

Arcata came out strong, capitalizing on a few of the Giants’ mistakes early in the game and scoring two goals before the midway point of the second half.

Junior midfielder Isaac Perper later catalyzed Redwood’s attack, sending a header past Arcata’s goalie into the back of the net.

A goal by sophomore Jack Elders ensued with 4 minutes left in regulation, dispatching the game into overtime.

After a few intensely fought minutes of overtime, a cross by senior Teymour Sadrieh found Ulrich, who sent Redwood to victory by scoring the game-winning goal.

Redwood will move on to play Analy High School this Saturday, Nov. 8, at 10:30 a.m. at Marin Academy.