Artificial Intelligence: The potential threat to our education system

Redwood Literary Journal to begin

A new Redwood publication called the Redwood Literary Journal or RLJ is due to publish its first issue next month.

Developed by sophomores Jake Baldwin and Jason Seavey, both members of the Redwood poetry slam team, the publication is aimed at sharing students’ creative writing such as poems, lyrics, and stories.

In the two weeks since its initial announcement, the RLJ has received roughly 30 submissions of student work.

According to Seavey, the idea for the RLJ was inspired by a literary journal he came across in San Francisco.

“It was interesting to see this really personal part of these peoples’ lives who I didn’t know at all. That’s sort of what’s happening with Redwood at this point—[the submissions] are like these little windows into these peoples’ lives and some of it’s really deep,” said Seavey.

According to Baldwin, the RLJ hopes to produce issues with more frequency than past Redwood publications such as the Pulp which was released each semester.

“We need as many [submissions] as possible for the first issue so we can really boil it down to the best of Redwood,” said Baldwin. “Creative writing isn’t much of an option here at Redwood anymore. That means that there aren’t a lot of outlets for people—there is a lot of nonfiction writing and essay writing.”

Baldwin and Seavey have accumulated a number of small donations to cover the cost of printing and distributing.

The two hope to produce at least two issues of the RLJ by the end of this year. Students can submit work to [email protected].