Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

Illustration by Ava Stephens
Ignorance breeds violence: we need diverse religious education
Beckett TudorApril 9, 2024

The United States has become one of the most diverse countries in the world. Through policies encouraging immigration and plentiful economic...

Rolling the dice: The harmful effects of sports betting promotions
Matthew KnauerApril 6, 2024

Nobody could have predicted the monumental impact of Murphy vs. National Collegiate Athletic Association in May 2018. Two and a half...

Endeavour space shuttle soars over parking lot

NASA’s Endeavour space shuttle was carried around California atop a 747 jet Friday morning, passing by many of California’s historic landmarks. It was sighted directly over Redwood’s back parking lot at 10:20 a.m. just before making a second pass over the Golden Gate Bridge.

California residents turned their eyes upward today as the NASA space shuttle, Endeavour, was flown at low levels across California atop a 747 Shuttle Carrier.

The shuttle took off at around 8:15 a.m. and flew over many California landmarks, including the Golden Gate Bridge, the California State Capitol, and Disneyland, at a low elevation of about 1,000 feet. It was sighted flying directly over the back parking lot at 10:20 a.m., as it made its way south for a second pass over the Golden Gate Bridge.

The shuttle landed at Los Angeles Airport at 12:45 p.m. where it was greeted by an arrival ceremony. It will be transported to it’s future home of the California Science Center located in South L.A. next month, according to NASA.