Sports friendship connections: High school vs club teams
Kate MorganApril 24, 2024

Student-athletes strive to improve their skills and strengths to become the best they can be. A good way of doing this is by playing sports year-round....

A close game between Redwood Boys Lacrosse and Mater Dei. Photo Courtesy of Blake Atkins and Mark Holmstrom
How sports scholarships transform lives
Elena Dillon and Lily BellApril 24, 2024

Nothing fuels a high school athlete’s desire for success like the possibility of earning a college scholarship. Many student-athletes...

Springtime activities in full bloom
Springtime activities in full bloom
Angelina PurveyApril 24, 2024

After the long-lasting rainy season, students are ready for sunshine. Luckily, Marin County gives many opportunities to explore and spend time...

Jewish organization recruits

Gabi Lazar, coordinator for the San Francisco Diller program, shows a short video to Redwood students inerested Diller

A representative from The Diller Teen Fellows, a Jewish youth organization, visited the College and Career Center on Feb. 26 in hopes of gaining applicants for the program.

The program, exclusively for juniors and seniors who apply as sophomores, strives to create teen leaders with a strong sense of Jewish identity. It is a 15 month program that includes a variety of activities for teens, including team-building and leadership workshops, opportunities to hosting exchange students from Israel, and going to Israel for three weeks.

One of the three Redwood students who finished the program, senior Michaela Katz, enjoyed the opportunity to be a part of the program.

Katz had a positive experience with the program and said it made her more intune with Jewish identity.

“Its not that I gained one thing. I became more aware of Judaism,” said Katz.

Once they are in the 15 month program, participants attend monthly workshops, retreats, and a three week summer trip to Israel between junior and senior year, where they stay with a host family and meet over 400 other fellows from around the world.