Racing into spring: MRA revs up for competition season
Lily Skinner April 29, 2024

For many, spring means gorgeous weather and longer days, but for the junior members of the highly decorated Marin Rowing Association (MRA), spring...

Over the counter burger quest: seeking the ultimate fast food hamburger in Marin
Lauren Dickerman April 29, 2024

Everybody enjoys a juicy burger, especially when they're in the mood for something savory. Hence, it’s always a good choice, regardless of...

The case for no PE requirement for student athletes
Jake Post April 28, 2024

Three days a week, students in their freshman and sophomore years at Redwood spend a period in Physical Education (PE) class for a combined 144...

Photo Essay: Boys’ varsity lacrosse dominates San Rafael in blowout matchup

On April 2, the boys’ varsity lacrosse team played against San Rafael High School (SR) in an intense Marin County Athletic League matchup. Early in the game, Redwood managed to take an early lead by scoring several goals, thanks to junior Jackson Gurvich, sophomore Rudy Vasquez and senior Gil Ladetzky, who won most of his face-offs, leading the Giants to gain control over the game. The Giants managed to close the second half by leading with a score of 13-1, and they didn’t stop scoring any time soon. SR was almost completely blocked from scoring, thanks to the Giants’ defensive position. The Giants finished off the game with a shocking 21-2 victory. Redwood faces a tough battle against Mater Dei on Wednesday, April 3, where they will look to maintain their offensive momentum.