What it means to be a Giant
What it means to be a Giant
Gil LadetzkyJune 22, 2024

In fifth grade, I attended my first-ever Redwood basketball game. It was a rainy Thursday night in a gym packed with energetic students. As I...

Boys’ varsity lacrosse dominates Marin Academy in a crucial non-league game

On March 12, the boys’ varsity lacrosse team took on Marin Academy (MA). The stellar matchup between two top-ranked squads was expected to be a shootout, but it turned into a blowout due to Redwood’s phenomenal defensive effort. The game started with a quick goal by MA, but Redwood senior attackman Will Parsons responded with a crafty goal of his own, assisted by senior Jake Vasquez. The Giants added three more goals in the first half, with two goals from senior Aidan Hackett and an own goal from MA goalie Matt McKane. MA started the second half by scoring their second and last goal of the game. However, Redwood’s Aidan Hackett came up clutch to silence MA’s run, slinging another deep goal. Redwood continued to gain momentum and eventually put the game away, led by Hackett with four goals, followed by Parsons with two and Curtiss, Ewing and Vasquez with one, securing the 10-2 victory. This is the beginning of a soon-to-be outstanding boys’ varsity lacrosse season. The victory puts them as the seventh-best team west of the Mississippi. Next up, Redwood takes on De La Salle at home on Friday afternoon.