Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Photo Essay: Boys’ varsity basketball falls short of Branson in non-league thriller

On Tuesday, Dec. 12, the boys’ varsity basketball team faced off against The Branson School in a non-league match. The two teams previously met in a highly competitive Marin County Athletic League (MCAL) final last season.

Similar to last year, Branson seemed to have the advantage over the Giants all game. Early on, the Giants started strong as junior Mason Garbo scored to give Redwood an 11-6 lead, but it didn’t last long as Branson stole the momentum and by the end of the first quarter, were leading by a score of 17-11. As the Bulls kept pounding, the Giants began to struggle defensively with Branson capitalizing on the majority of their possessions, bringing the score at halftime to 36-18.

In the second half, the Giants came out of the gates strong. Junior Brennan Woodley and senior Jake Vasquez had an excellent half and often found themselves in the middle of the action, with 13 points scored between the two of them. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to take down Branson’s senior Pierce Curtin who finished the game with 18 points. The Giants appeared frustrated as time went by, as their efforts to build momentum failed and their shots did not fall. 

Despite the defeat of 66-45, Redwood will prepare to begin their MCAL season by rematching the Bulls on Jan. 5, 2024.