Letter from the editors: Welcome to the Spanish section

Dear Reader,

We write to you to announce a new project of the Bark, the Spanish section. In this section, we will aim to present opinions and perspectives from the Hispanic community in an effort to provide journalism that is relevant to Spanish speakers at Redwood. We intend to include voices and stories that are less prominent in Redwood culture to present a more complete narrative of current events.

Spanish Section Editors Note

How was this section inspired? Several months ago, a recently immigrated student approached the Bark to suggest we report in Spanish. With limited English abilities, but fluency in Spanish, he suggested that a Spanish section could make him, and others, feel more included. Through Spanish reporting, we hope to reach students like him, and many more, as we report on pressing issues in our local community.

With the creation of this section, we hope to move closer toward our journalistic goal that no issue goes unreported. We hope you find it insightful and informative.

Sincerely,

Madi Barsi and Henry Tantum, Spanish editors

Shiriel King Abramson, editor in chief
P.S. We invite your comments and ideas for this new project. Email [email protected] to suggest them.