Riley Peterson and Caitlin Shaver eat together as they discuss what they will be doing at the graduation practice.
Redwood seniors celebrate their last day of school
Lauren PoulinJune 12, 2024

On Wednesday, June 12th, Redwood seniors joined together in the Covered Eating Area (CEA) to celebrate the end of their senior year before...

Boys’ JV water polo secures win against Terra Linda

The boys’ JV water polo team dominated Terra Linda 15-5 on Thursday and remains undefeated.

Both teams battled during the first quarter, and sophomore Jacob Berston put Redwood ahead 3-2 with two goals.

Ely  Selden yells at his teammates  before passing the ball during the game Thursday night
Ely Selden yells at his teammates before passing the ball during the game Thursday night

In the second quarter, when the team’s starters came into the game, Redwood took a decisive lead, scoring six more goals, including one at the buzzer. By halftime, their strong offensive play put them ahead 9-2.

Redwood controlled most of the game, and managed to score another six goals during the second half. Freshmen Ely Selden and Owen Henderson were effective defensively, blocking their opposing players from passing and scoring before the shot clock ran out.

According to junior Skyler Cox, one of their goals had been to replicate plays they had run in practice.

Coach Scott Gregory said that they’ve been working on drawing more fouls and setting up picks.

Although Redwood won comfortably, Gregory said that it was not one of their best performances.

“We tend to play better against harder teams,” Gregory said.

Redwood’s next game will be against Tam on Tuesday, Oct. 27.