The Influencer Effect: Content ties to consumption
Zoe GisterApril 26, 2024

On Sep. 12, 2023, TikTok finally joined the long list of social media sites with integrated e-commerce or digital stores. Pinterest, Snapchat,...

Preguntándose qué sabores probar, los clientes navegan por el menú de Oddchas
Oddcha: preparar creaTÉvidad
Penelope TrottApril 26, 2024

Situado en una pintoresca casa victoriana de San Rafael, Oddcha es una experiencia de boba deliciosa y única. Fundado durante el verano...

Is hookup culture progressive or detrimental?
Jamie GlennonApril 26, 2024

“Sex, because it is such a vulnerable thing, can open up all of these tender and vulnerable parts of us. Those who don’t have a strong and...

Beginning One Acts conclude EPiC fall performances

Beginning Drama concluded its One Act performances this weekend with a final show on Dec. 5.

After weeks of preparation, the students of the Beginning Drama classes showcased their final projects, which were directed by Advanced Drama students.

The night began with a performance from the weekly night class, Dance Focus, which is taught by Peter Parish.

After the dance, 15 individual One Acts were performed. Each One Act was professionally written and then chosen by a student director to perform along with their cast.

kkoneact
Freshmen Margo McCullough and Avery Lodish participate in their One Act, titled “Phyllis and Xenobia”.

Junior student director Hanna Sweet began to coordinate her One Act, “Time Flies,” written by Daniel Ives, in mid-October. Sweet worked with her cast of two freshman, Lily Cohen and West Thompson, as well as a senior, Claire Karner, every day during class leading up to the show.

“It was really awesome to see the freshmen come out of their shells and put themselves out there in a way they’d never done before,” Sweet said.

The One Acts were held from Nov. 18-21 as well as from Dec. 2-5.

This year the plays were performed in room 306, rather than the Little Theater.

“The One Act performances were really full house, it was full every night so it may have been about the same number of people but in the theater the audience felt small,” Intermediate Drama teacher Britt Block said. “Because the space [room 306] is closer and more intimate, the acting could really fill up the space.”