Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Ice skating rink open for season

For the second year in a row, Marin’s only ice skating rink, Marin on Ice at Northgate Mall, has now opened for the winter season. The outdoor ice skating rink is open daily through Jan. 12, 2014.

The rink is open from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Sundays. Admission is $15, including skates, and customers receive a wrist band allowing them to return at any time throughout the day.

“Ice skating makes me feel excited because I know it’s coming close to the holiday season,” said one teenage girl after coming off the ice skating rink with her friends.

Although the Northgate rink is the only one in Marin, there are a few others in San Francisco. The two seasonal outdoor rinks in the city, at Union Square and at the Embarcadero, are now open.

The Union Square ice skating rink is open from 10 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. daily with 90 minute sessions starting every even hour and costs $11 for admission and another $5 for skates.

The Embarcadero ice rink also has 90 minute sessions starting every even hour and is open for the same hours, except that it closes at 9:30 p.m. Sundays – Thursdays. Admission for the Embarcadero ice skating rink is $10 and skate rentals are $4.

The Yerba Buena ice skating rink, also in San Francisco, is open year-round. Times vary based on the date and admission is $10 plus an additional $3 for skates.