Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava Carlson June 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Illustration by Ava Stephens
A letter to sophomores: how to run next year’s marathon
Alana Leifer June 27, 2024

Are you a sophomore excited for your junior year? Are you going to college? Have you taken the SAT? Where are you applying? What's your GPA?...

What it means to be a Giant
What it means to be a Giant
Gil Ladetzky June 22, 2024

In fifth grade, I attended my first-ever Redwood basketball game. It was a rainy Thursday night in a gym packed with energetic students. As I...

Nick The Greek opens in Bon Air, bringing a taste of Greek cuisine to Marin

Centered in the bustling Bon Air shopping center, Nick the Greek, which opened last month, offers a unique taste of Greek cuisine to Marin. With chain restaurants located across the US, Nick the Greek has created a business that incorporates authentic Greek cuisine with fast and convenient services. Customers can find authentic dishes such as pitas and gyro bowls, as well as diverse desserts and drinks on their lengthy menu. 

Falafel Pita

Wrapped in a warm pita bread and filled with crispy falafel, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and onions, this delicious falafel pita wrap is perfectly balanced with a light tahini dressing that creates a traditional Greek favorite. Crunchy and fresh ingredients are combined with whole grains and beans, making this dish both filling and refreshing. In place of falafel, the dish can also be ordered with more traditional forms of meat such as lamb and pork souvlaki. As one of Nick the Greek’s most popular entrees, the falafel pita does not disappoint and provides a delicious and satisfying meal any time of the day. 

Baklava

With the crunch of a flakey phyllo crust followed by a sweet surprise of almond and honey filling, this pastry is a delicious mix of both sweet and savory flavors. Baklava is one of the most common and traditional desserts in both Greece and Turkey and is made by layering 30 to 40 sheets of phyllo that are then filled with nuts and topped with honey. While dishes made with phyllo can be too dense, this dessert is the perfect balance of crumbly and soft textures, and the perfect sweet treat after a savory Greek meal. This baklava melts in one’s mouth and is sweet, but not overly sugary. 

Avgolemono Soup

This chicken soup is silky, rich and includes a lemon and egg sauce, called Avgolemono. With its warm lemony broth and flavorful ingredients, it is reminiscent of American-style chicken soup, but with a lemony tangy twist. With the inclusion of both sour and salty flavors, it will surely appeal to a savory palate. This soup is perfect on chilly days or when feeling under the weather, when all you need is a good bowl of hot soup to warm the soul. 

Nick the Greek is a great addition to the restaurants in Marin, and offers residents an opportunity to experience Greek cuisine at an affordable price. Whether looking for a sit down environment or a quick pick up, both their indoor and outdoor spacious are clean and inviting. With friendly staff, quick service and plenty of parking the restaurant creates a warm and welcoming environment. In addition to their in-store meals, one can pre-order food or find more information about their menu and locations at their website link below.  

https://www.nickthegreek.com/greenbrae