Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill Allen July 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace Gehrman June 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava Carlson June 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Sophie Landeck and Cosmo Taylor crowned Homecoming King and Queen

Cosmo Taylor shouted with excitement as he dug the white rose out of the box and proudly displayed it for the crowd to see.

The revealing of the Homecoming King and Queen took place during halftime of the varsity football game on Saturday. Taylor was named the Homecoming King and Sophie Landeck was named Homecoming Queen.

“I did it for you Mom!” Taylor yelled, as he giddily accepted the crown.

The Homecoming Court celebrates after the crowning of Landeck and Taylor.

Moments later, Landeck joined in Taylor’s celebration as she opened her box and revealing a white rose.

“I had trouble opening the box. I was terrified and you could see me shaking,” Landeck said.

The Homecoming Court also included Eric Ahern, Gregory Block, Robert McInnis, Max Josef, John Van Liere, Allison Fobes, Amanda Trusheim, Courtney Carswell, Lauren Foehr and Juliet Ricci. Students placed their votes for king and queen through an online program on Thursday and Friday.

“This is probably one of the coolest moments in my entire high school experience,” Landeck said. “I’m just very thankful. Having everyone choose me to be in this position is just so flattering.”