Is hookup culture progressive or detrimental?
Jamie GlennonApril 26, 2024

“Sex, because it is such a vulnerable thing, can open up all of these tender and vulnerable parts of us. Those who don’t have a strong and...

Boba bliss: discovering Marin Countys finest bubble tea destinations
Boba bliss: discovering Marin County's finest bubble tea destinations
Kai GaultierApril 26, 2024

In Marin County, where natural beauty meets great food, boba shops add to the culinary charm. In this review, I’ll explore the numerous boba...

Dual sport athletes use track to sprint ahead
Lucy MillerApril 26, 2024

For kids who hope to play sports at the highest level possible, sports specialization seems like the only option, even when professionals...

At Lenaea Theatre Festival, EPiC Drama takes home bronze

The EPiC Drama Department won bronze in the One-Act Plays category at the Lenaea High School Theatre Festival on Feb. 7 for its self-created play, “Eye of the Dreamer.”
The show, which was performed at Redwood three times before being judged at the Lenaea festival, was created, directed and performed entirely by students in the Advanced Drama class.

“We started off by learning movements and learning the basics,” said senior Kenneth Wong, who performed in the play. “We were building scenes of our own and combining them to create one coherent and fun play.”
Much of the inspiration for the play was based off the work of contemporary artist Daniel Merriam, according to Wong.
“We took a lot of the art that [Merriam] had drawn and we used it as inspiration and as a jumping off point to develop our own creative works,” Wong said.

Wong said that he and other performers were pleased with the result of their work.
“It was interesting because once we knew what we were doing with movements, once we knew what we were doing with lines, we were free to create whatever we wanted to create,” Wong said. “In doing so, we had the ability to create a piece of work that we were proud of.”