Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Girls’ junior varsity volleyball defeats San Marin

The girls’ junior varsity volleyball team defeated San Marin 2-0 on Tuesday, Sept. 30, continuing their undefeated record.

JV Volleyball over San Marin
Freshman Olivia Treadway (left) and sophomore Neeve Kennedy (right) block a ball during Tuesday’s game against San Marin.

The Giants got off to a rocky start in the first game with San Marin taking a nine-point lead until sophomore Neeve Kennedy served six straight aces, bringing Redwood up to a score of 18 against San Marin’s 22. Sophomore Layla Dunne then served three aces to secure the 26-24 win for the Giants.

“We didn’t have full intensity and the connection between players wasn’t the best,” Kennedy said about the first game. “I knew that we were a better team than San Marin. We just had to focus.”

The Giants continued their momentum during the second game and won 25-12. Freshman Chiara Ancona started the game off with nine serves, giving the Giants a large lead of 9-1.

The team will next play on Saturday, Oct. 4 in an away game against Saint Ignatius in hopes of continuing their undefeated record.