Boys’ junior varsity water polo wins biggest game of the season

The boys’ junior varsity water polo team defeated rival Tam on Tuesday with a score of 5-2, ending their season triumphantly.

Sophomore Cole Wilhite recovers from a hard quarter during the Oct. 29 game against Tam.

Captains Maxwell Glenn and Dea Edington played an aggressive game, both scoring two goals and pushing their team into a comfortable lead.

Several players stepped up throughout the game. Redwood’s goalie Riley Dow blocked six of Tam’s attempted goals, and sophomore Jackson Chou spiraled in a long shot in the second quarter.

For several of the leading junior varsity players the season is not over yet. Chou along with fellow sophomores Dea Edington, Riley Dow, Cole Wilhite and Cale Smith will be joining varsity as of next week to participate in their final games, according to Chou.

After the game, Coach Marco Farahmand reflected on the team’s lively season.

“Improvement was good,” said Farahmand. “Definitely had a lot of players that were not accustomed to the sport. We won a lot of games and there was a lot of adaptability.”