Fast Thrifting: How fast fashion continues to harm thrift stores
Elsa ShermanApril 15, 2024

Across the nation, billions of dollars are spent annually on clothing from local thrift stores. This eco-friendly method of clothing resale has...

Decorated in customized apparel, members of The Woods flaunt their vibrant red t-shirts.
Student-led spirit group ‘The Woods’ encourages attendance at less-appreciated sporting events
Madison BishopApril 13, 2024

On Feb. 13, The Woods emerged as a student-led group to promote school spirit and unify the student body. Its objective is to raise attendance...

Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

New traffic light installed on Doherty Drive

Students commuting to Redwood will have to adjust to a new stop light, which is soon being added to Doherty Drive at the intersection with the school’s entrance.

TrafficLight

Mary Grace Houlihan, who works for Larkspur City planning department located at Central Marin Police Station, said that the stop light was added due to the recent infrastructural changes on Doherty.

Houlihan said there were no major incidents that occurred preceding the decision to add the stop light. The addition of the stop light will only better the safety of pedestrians.

“It is not energized yet and will be put into effect when the road is fully paved,” said Houlihan.

This story was updated to fix grammatical errors on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:19 p.m.