A close game between Redwood Boys Lacrosse and Mater Dei. Photo Courtesy of Blake Atkins and Mark Holmstrom
How sports scholarships transform lives
Elena Dillon and Lily BellApril 25, 2024

Nothing fuels a high school athlete’s desire for success like the possibility of earning a college scholarship. Many student-athletes work...

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Our future is not a game!
Cora ChampommierApril 25, 2024

As I walk in the hallway with my giant Redwood Soccer parka, I look up to see Sabine, a freshman who performs well in my math class; I know...

Getting a job during high school: Does it ‘work’?
Henrik VraanesApril 25, 2024

Every year, fewer and fewer students are working jobs. In 2000, 43 percent of teens worked a job during the summer, but in 2021, the number...

Peer Resource holds Wellness Week

Last Thursday the Central Marin Police Authority helped host an event showing students the dangers of intoxicated driving with beer goggles

Last week, students pledged to be kind to their minds and bodies for Wellness Week, which featured daily lunchtime events hosted by the Peer Resource class in order to promote healthy behavior.

“Anyone can pledge before school or during lunch in front of the school,” Peer Resource student Isabelle Carbone said. “You can write your own pledge or use a more general, pre-made one, as long as the pledge helps remind you to take time for yourself.”

Carbone, senior, said that Wellness Week aims to encourage happiness and bring attention to ways students can reduce stress.

“After we learned that Friday Night Live was putting on an assembly this Thursday, it was suggested that Peer Resource help facilitate a week to raise awareness about ways to make smart decisions, relax, and be happy while working hard,” she said.

Lunchtime events scheduled last week ranged from discussions on healthy eating and condom training on Tuesday and Wednesday to playing volleyball and listening to music on Thursday and Friday.

“We want to help explain decision-making factors, like the fact that every meal counts and counting calories is unhealthy when taken to the extreme,” senior Grace Gravley said. “At the same time we want to have events for people to have fun.”

Peer Resource recapped the week-long celebration of health with a homeroom video about what students do to relax on a day-to-day basis.