Trippie Redd takes a new approach for his third studio album, “Life’s A Trip”

Aaron Kim

After not releasing an album since Oct. of 2017, Trippie Redd dropped his third studio album titled, “Life’s A Trip,” on Aug. 10. The album consists of 14 songs, with an addition of his pre-released song, “Dark Knight Dummo (feat. Travis Scott).”

“Life’s A Walk” covert art.

Unlike past albums, Redd acquired all new featured artists including Diplo, Young Thug, Reese LaFlare and Travis Scott. Before his recent release, Redd’s features were usually limited to SoundCloud rappers, but, Redd significantly expanded his fanbase by drawing in new crowds of people and revealing a different style to his music. Along with these new features comes a unique tone that is unlike Redd’s usual flow. In the past, Redd primarily released songs with energy and hype; however, his new album takes a different approach by slowing the pace of his songs and incorporating catchy and straightforward beats. By doing this, the listener can focus on Redd’s voice without sacrificing the underlying melody of the song.

The best part of the album was Redd’s use of slow beats. Whether it was piano, guitar or synthesizers, the underlying beat allowed for a smooth melody to set the pace for the rest of the song. As a result, “Taking A Walk,” the second song on the album, is on track to be one of Redd’s most famous tracks.

Despite the growing popularity for “mumble rap” and vulgar lyrics, Redd avoided these attributes in his latest release and produced a memorable album that will have you vibing alongside the rapper himself.

Click Here For Infographic

About the Writer
Aaron Kim, Review Editor

Aaron Kim is a Junior at Redwood High School and is excited to be in the BARK as the Review Editor. In his free time, you will probably find him fishing,...

• Trippie Redd takes a new approach for his third studio album, “Life’s A Trip”

Review

“Things keep getting better,” Queer Eye season three releases its best season yet

Review

New thriller “Us” leaves audience with chills and questions

Review

New Museum of Illusions deceives but satisfies

Review

Anderson .Paak takes us all on a carefree trip to the beach only this time it’s Ventura

Review

I’m not a ‘Sucker’ for the Jonas Brothers’ comeback music video

Review

Billie Eilish dominates charts with “WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?”

Review

The Best Places to Study in the Bay Area

Review

Best places to get your sweat on in the North Bay

Review

Marin’s Indian restaurants reviewed by an actual desi girl

Review

Gunna cashes out on highly anticipated debut album ‘Drip or Drown 2’