Fast Thrifting: How fast fashion continues to harm thrift stores

Across the nation, billions of dollars are spent annually on clothing from local thrift stores. This eco-friendly method of clothing resale has...

Decorated in customized apparel, members of The Woods flaunt their vibrant red t-shirts.
Student-led spirit group ‘The Woods’ encourages attendance at less-appreciated sporting events
Madison BishopApril 13, 2024

On Feb. 13, The Woods emerged as a student-led group to promote school spirit and unify the student body. Its objective is to raise attendance...

Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

Girls’ volleyball falls to rival Branson

Girls+volleyball+falls+to+rival+Branson+

The varsity volleyball team lost to rival Branson after a close match on Tuesday night.

The Giants were hoping to even the score against the undefeated Bulls after losing to them in September, but they were unsuccessful in their attempt and were defeated in four games.

“It all came down to who was going to make the bigger play,” sophomore Bailey Osborn said. “I think we all played well, but it all comes down to who puts in more effort every point of every game.”

Branson took control of the match early, defeating the Giants 25-19 in the first game and 26-24 in the second. The Giants came out fired up in the third game and defeated the Bulls 27-25, securing the win after a kill by junior Sierra Dawson.

They were defeated 25-23 in the fourth game after the Bulls jumped out to an early lead and held it throughout the game.

According to Osborn, this loss will motivate the team to work harder in order to defeat Branson during the MCAL play-offs.

The Giants’ record is currently 11-2, their only losses attributed to Branson, currently undefeated with a record of 13-0.

The team’s next game is this Thursday, Oct. 25, against Tam.