Illustration by Cora Champommier
Our future is not a game!
Cora ChampommierApril 25, 2024

As I walk in the hallway with my giant Redwood Soccer parka, I look up to see Sabine, a freshman who performs well in my math class; I know...

Getting a job during high school: Does it ‘work’?
Henrik VraanesApril 25, 2024

Every year, fewer and fewer students are working jobs. In 2000, 43 percent of teens worked a job during the summer, but in 2021, the number...

Artificial Intelligence: The potential threat to our education system

JV girls’ volleyball adds another win to their undefeated record

The JV girls’ volleyball team remained undefeated this Friday, narrowly winning both sets 25-21 on San Marin’s home court.

Sophomores Alex Lefebure and Chiara Ancona jump to block the ball off a hit from a San Marin player.

The Giants kept the crowd cheering as they won back-to-back sets, using powerful plays, strong offense, and cooperative teamwork.

Only a few points away from losing, Redwood came back in the first set from a 19-20 deficit to win 25-21. Crucial digs and hits helped the team reach the first victory of the game.

With vital saves from freshman Mathilde Caindec and forceful hits and aces from sophomore Alex Lefebure, the team held the lead throughout the entire second set.  

As good as the win looked, Lefebure said the team’s communication and defensive skills still need to be improved. Miscommunication continues to leave Redwood battling it out for the final points, according to Lefebure.

Redwood’s next game is at home on Oct. 21 against Marin Catholic.