Camaraderie remains between homecoming nominees post crowning

Several homecoming participants hug after crowning of Wong and Vega

The runner-up candidates for the homecoming king and queen nomination left the varsity football game at halftime on Saturday with smiles and laughs.

The homecoming princes and princesses were nominated by the senior class based off of their hard work and commitment to bettering the Redwood community. The king and queen were then voted upon by the student body.

“I would be happy if I was crowned or not. I’m already so honored to be on the court, and it’s also really meaningful to be grouped with all these amazing people,” said homecoming princess Elly Lundberg before the crowning at halftime.

Seniors Kenneth Wong and Bella Vega were crowned homecoming king and queen to the delight of the rest of the court.

The Redwood community greatly supported the court by cheering in the stands before and after Wong and Vega were announced king and queen.

“It’s been such a fun experience, and it would just add to it if I was crowned. I’m just so honored. Thank you senior class!” Vega said before finding out she was elected queen.

After the crowning of the king and queen, every person on the homecoming court congratulated Wong and Vega, then gathered around for several hugs and casual conversations.

“When I saw who won I knew I called it. Honestly, it doesn’t necessarily matter at this point who’s king and queen because all the people on the court deserve it. You are just happy for whoever it is,” said homecoming princess Kendra Loo.