Former coach and mentor Al-Endriss looking off into the distance
Baseball Roots Reimagined: From Players to Coaches
Reece Mori-Prange and Jack BlockApril 17, 2024

Redwood baseball is a program built to win games, award hard work and develop skills that set players up for future success. Coaches Bill Benz,...

Charlotte FishburneApril 16, 2024

Fast Thrifting: How fast fashion continues to harm thrift stores

Across the nation, billions of dollars are spent annually on clothing from local thrift stores. This eco-friendly method of clothing resale has...

Boys’ varsity soccer claims MCAL title, now on the pursuit to win NCS

Captain+Teymour+Sadrieh++approaches+the+airborne+ball%2C+ready+to+move+it+towards+the+Tam+goalie.++
Captain Teymour Sadrieh approaches the airborne ball, ready to move it towards the Tam goalie.

The celebration began at 6 p.m. on Friday after boys’ varsity soccer clinched a victory against Tam in the MCAL finals, bringing home the pennant.

After an intense game, in which four yellow cards were handed out between the two teams, the game ended with a 2-1 Giants victory.

Midway through the first half, junior Isaac Perper put Redwood ahead with a goal from inside the box.

Entering the second half, sophomore Jack Elders collected a loose ball from inside the box, passing it just out of the goalie’s reach to secure Redwood’s lead.

Tam fired back, scoring off of a free kick with 15 minutes to go.

Redwood plays next on Wednesday, Nov. 5 in the NCS playoffs against a to be determined team.