Molly GallagherApril 18, 2024

Emma Rosenberg and Penelope TrottApril 18, 2024

Richard ByrneApril 18, 2024

Softball and baseball players receive all-league honors

The all-league honors for varsity softball and varsity baseball were announced today.

Junior Lani Kaleikini was awarded pitcher of the year for varsity softball. Kaleikini had a 1.62 ERA in league play with 16 wins and 154 strikeouts, where she led the league in wins and strikeouts, and placed second in ERA.

Sophomore Parker Laret and freshman Sabrina Nunez were awarded first-team honors. Laret won the award as a catcher, where he batted .382 and had three home runs and eighteen RBIs. Nunez, who played shortstop for a majority of the season, batted .450 and had 38 runs.

Sophomore Shawn McCullough was awarded second-team honors. Playing as a catcher, she batted .405 and had 30 RBIs.

Senior Brendan Flynn, junior Devon Pence and sophomore Zach Kopstein earned an honorable mention for varsity baseball while sophomore Kayla Rose earned an honorable mention for varsity softball.

The varsity softball team recently won the MCAL title, but lost in the first round of NCS to Rancho Cotate in extra innings. The varsity baseball team lost in the MCAL playoffs to Tam and did not receive a seed in NCS.