Senior releases original single on iTunes

Senior Maddie Bell recently released her first single, “Hearts Apart,” on ITunes. A full length album will follow soon.

After being inspired by the original music of a friend, senior Maddie Bell was determined to follow in his footsteps.

The result is an original single that Bell recently released on iTunes called “Hearts Apart,” as well as a cover of Fairytale by Sara Bareilles available on her Soundcloud account.

For Bell, the beginning of her musical odyssey can be traced to a summer spent in Hong Kong.“I have a good friend [in Hong Kong] that makes his own music and he asked me to start recording with him,” Bell said. “I wrote a bunch of lyrics for him and then I came home and began doing some of my own stuff. Seeing how easy he produced his own music made me want to try to do it, too.”

Besides singing, Bell also plays piano, flute, and clarinet. Additionally, she is teaching herself guitar and ukulele.

Singing is dominant on her recently released single, but Bell said that she considers herself more of a pianist than of a singer.

“Piano I started when I was thirteen,” she said. “As for singing, it’s definitely a hobby. I don’t even consider myself a singer. It’s kind of just a new thing that I picked up that people seem to enjoy.”

Bell plans to release a full album titled Quirk sometime soon using poems that she has written as the basis for the album’s songs.

Her EP will be available on ITunes, or for free download on her Soundcloud account.